- Follow up about syllabus confusions from last week: syllabus has been updated to course content. More clean-up is under way.
Questions on grading go to TA first.
- Use learning curve to estimate how production processes improve over time.
- If assuming new facility starts at 0th unit, then no profit will be made in 3 years. We will barely breakeven at ~200th unit if we assume we start at 41st unit.
- Marginal cost will just be variable cost.
- Marginal revenue will just be the revenue of selling one more unit, which is $35000.
- S̰̣̳̳͙o̗̰̯̦̜͈͞ͅm̷̤͙͇̭e͡ṭh̯̭ͅi̴̬̜̳͍͉̦ͅn҉̳̞͙̞̞̹̼ǵ̝͇̠̹͈̰̯ ̪̤͕͕̙̥̣s̫̘̟̪o̶̜͍m̪͉̣͟ę̻̠ͅt͈͍̗̲̣̳͝h̞͚̰̲͇̕i̬̥̳̜̝n͡g̦̘̰ ̱̙̟̘͉̣b̰̮̳͎͠u̴̩t͖̘͎̤̤͞ ̛̼̞̭t̖̮͍̻͝he̴̮̳̦̘̫̲͓ ͉s̱̤͟t̩͚͙̙ͅŗ͖e̴̫̗̞̙a̸̬͕̫m͏͎̼͎̥̦ connection ̘͉̮͚w̫̮̗e͇n̫t̖ ̝̫̞̮̬b̞͇̟͠a̘̤ḑ͈̫̮̤ͅ :cry:.
Assignment solution will be shared.
Q: Can I change report thesis later on?
Yes. The point of the early thesis is to provide guidance and feedback.
Q: Using personal real estate decision as thesis?
Yes, but it should to incorporate comparison of alternative methods. Make sure one approaches it
Q: What is EACF and how do we apply it in ASN 2?
Part of next module. It stands for equivalent annuity cash flow.
Q: Releasing modules ahead of time?
It will possible be scheduled over the weekend as a take-home exam.
Q: Accounting for non-quantitative factor
To account for it, we need to quantify it. In the case of environment, look at the cost for damages, relocation, etc. For safety, look at insurance, hazard pay, etc.
This is something that should be addressed in the report (under environmental and social impacts in the rubrics).