This page outlines the hardware/software and other things I use regularly.
I use a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019 i5 base model with touchbar 75% of the time to get my work done. Apps/software I use:
- Terminal (default app) for many programming related tasks, I use zsh with Oh-My-Zsh plugin.
- Visual Studio Code for writing code and LaTeX.
- Typora for WYSIWYG Markdown editing. This is the app I use for most of my school notes as one can write their own CSS to customize Markdown and UI styles however they like.
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC for photo editing and RAW processing.
- Adobe Photoshop CC for photo manipulation and graphic design.
- Microsoft PowerPoint for presentation, animation, and graphic design.
- Final Cut Pro for video editing.
- Apple Motion 5 for 3D title graphics and motion graphics.
For more powerful tasks (which is not that common) such as gaming, rendering, and more demanding video editing, I use my Windows PC. Here are the specs:
- Intel Core i9 9900K 3.6 GHz 8-core processor (Overclocked to 4.2 GHz)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3000 MHz DDR4 memory
- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Elite gaming motherboard
- Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 Mini 6 GB graphics card.
- Keychron K6 Gateron Brown 65% mechanical keyboard.
- HTC Vive VR headset.
- Dell S2716DG 144 Hz WQHD monitor.
- Sony WH-1000 MX3 noise cancelling headphones.
- Logitech MX Anywhere 2S bluetooth mouse.
I use an iPad Mini (5th generation) along with Apple Pencil (1st generation) to take notes. The app I use to take notes is Goodnotes 5 as it has excellent feel, tracking, document organization, and document export – something OneNote has been lacking. I also use Garageband app to make “original” music for some of my projects (such as my Capstone project).